Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The Beaumont branch of the Young Men's Christian Organization was formed in 1901 following the discovery of oil at Spindletop and the subsequent population boom. Throughout the 20th century, the Beaumont YMCA served as an important community center and continuously fundraised in order to open new locations and complexes. This collection consists of organizational records and historical materials related to the Beaumont chapter of the YMCA dating from the years 1903 to 1999.
John C. Hooper, Jr., was a native of Fort Worth, Texas. He lived in Beaumont for 73 years and was the owner of Hooper Graphic Arts and also was employed as a freelance photographer for the Beaumont Enterprise newspaper. This collection includes photographs of landmark structures around the City of Beaumont, landscapes, industrial, and portrait photographs that date back to the early 1900’s.