Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
The Desk and Derrick Club was established in March 1949 as the first professional organization for women working in the oil and gas industry. The Desk and Derrick Club’s original mission was to educate and support women who were working in the energy industry. The Desk and Derrick Club produced this scrapbook in its first year of existence. The collection includes newspaper clippings of the Club's organizational meetings, and original activities
This collection consists of photographs acquired from multiple donors over an extended period of time. The donations began around 1950 and continued through to 2000. The photographs include such topics as agriculture, businesses, well-known residences and landmarks, street scenes, aerial views, and people in Beaumont and nearby locations as far back as 1835 and as recent as 2000.
Glynn W. Rogers was a photographer, who owned a photography studio in Beaumont at 594 Washington Boulevard. This collection consists primarily of photographic negatives taken during the 1920's.
Herbert Roedenbeck (1881-1975) in the given course of time will suffice as one of the last legendary pioneers of this century; his achievements in agriculture and land development proved to be an integral part of the present demographic status of Southeast Texas. The greater portion of this collection consists of correspondence during the conclusive years from 1932 to 1970 while he was active in the oil leasing business.
The O'Brien Family Papers document the remarkably parallel lives of three generations of the O'Brien men. George, Chenault, and Chilton O'Brien were leaders who improved Southeast Texas with their service in the military, political, business, religious, and organizational life in Beaumont, Texas.