Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
The Appleman family owned the first Buick dealership in Beaumont, and actively participated in the social life of the town. This collection of digital photographs, scanned from the originals, includes photographs of family members, their travels, the B. K. Appleman Buick dealership, and photographs of early Beaumont. It also includes advertisements for the B. K. Appleman Gumbo Bit and patent applications.
The Beaumont Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) dates back to 1911 and for several decades it provided enrichment and entertainment activities for women of all ages in the Beaumont area.
Founded in 1872, the First Baptist Church of Beaumont, Texas, and its members, have contributed immensely to the religious, social, economic, and political life of the city. The records of the church include photographs, publications, administrative records, records of the Sunday School, and membership records.
The Beaumont Iron Works Company was founded in 1910. During World War II it manufactured military equipment for the U.S. Army and Navy. Gene Bird Gilliom worked as James Baldwin's private secretery during his time as manager of Beaumont Iron Works, where she collected photographs of the company's plant, newspaper clippings, telegrams from Washington, D.C., and a copy of Baldwin's resignation speech.
Glynn W. Rogers was a photographer, who owned a photography studio in Beaumont at 594 Washington Boulevard. This collection consists primarily of photographic negatives taken during the 1920's.
This collection contains photographs, professional documents, plaques and memorabilia pertaining to the life and career of Judge Al Gerson, who presided over the Jefferson County Court of Law Number One for twenty-seven years, from 1984 until his retirement in 2011.
The Sabine Oaks Home began as The Beaumont Home for the Aged founded by the United Church Women of Beaumont and chartered in 1944. The home was managed by a Board of Directors. In 1965 the Sabine Oaks Auxiliary was organized to address the needs of residents and help finance special projects. The collection consists of eight scrapbooks.