Found in 52 Collections and/or Records:
The Desk and Derrick Club was established in March 1949 as the first professional organization for women working in the oil and gas industry. The Desk and Derrick Club’s original mission was to educate and support women who were working in the energy industry. The Desk and Derrick Club produced this scrapbook in its first year of existence. The collection includes newspaper clippings of the Club's organizational meetings, and original activities
Emmett A. Fletcher was a Beaumont businessman and elected official. He was elected as mayor of Beaumont in 1906 and served two terms over 12 years. He was involved in the creation of Beaumont's infrastructure, business, and city development. This is a small collection consisting of photographs, newspaper clippings, funeral remarks, and licenses for steamboat inspection and operation belonging to Emmett A. Fletcher.
Founded in 1894, the First Christian Church is a congregation for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination. The records of the church include directories, committee minutes, papers on church doctrine, photographs, facility records, worship bulletins, records of Camp Wildurr, records of its Sunday School classes, treasurer's reports, and special anniversary and dedication programs.
This collection consists of administrative records, correspondence, photographs, film, and scrapbooks related to the corporate history of First City Bank, whose origins can be traced through First National Bank of Beaumont, Gulf National Bank, Texas National Bank, Security State Bank, and First Security National Bank.
The Beaumont Iron Works Company was founded in 1910. During World War II it manufactured military equipment for the U.S. Army and Navy. Gene Bird Gilliom worked as James Baldwin's private secretery during his time as manager of Beaumont Iron Works, where she collected photographs of the company's plant, newspaper clippings, telegrams from Washington, D.C., and a copy of Baldwin's resignation speech.
This collection of materials belonged to Jeannette Doiron, Club Historian for the Woman's Club of Beaumont. Materials include club yearbooks from 1959 to 2015, budgets, newsletters, periodicals, brochures, events, programs, newspaper clippings, awards, meetings, and other administrative materials.
The John Dollinger, Jr., Company moved in 1907 to Beaumont, Texas, from Plaquemine, Louisiana, where it quickly became a local leader in the steel fabrication industry until its closure in 1995.
The Junior League of Beaumont, a civic organization of women devoted to volunteerism, was first organized in 1937 with thirty-eight members. In 1945 the League joined the Association of Junior Leagues of America. This collection consists of Junior League of Beaumont publications including issues of the “Spinnings from Spindeltop” newsletter and annual reports. Annual reports include information on by-laws and membership lists.