Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Clinton Bill Glasgow Collection
Eleanor Woods Lavelle Papers
Eleanor Woods Lavelle was the daughter of Tom and Lottye Woods. Tom fought in World War I, and Eleanor collected and transcribed the approximately 76 letters he sent to Lottye during the war. The collection also contains family photograph albums and memorial books.
Fire Museum of Texas Collection
Frank Weber Photograph Collection
Looney Family Photograph Albums
Wilber C. Looney was a prominent businessman in Beaumont, Texas. When he retired he was a manager in southeast Texas for Westinghouse Electric Corp. He and his wife, Thyrza, a well-known local interior designer, resided at a now-historic home on North Eleventh and Toccoa Streets. Known then as the Vaughn House, the couple restored this Victorian cottage into a plantation-style mansion in 1948.
Lynn H. and Frances Katherine Shaw Gilbert Papers
Lynn H. and Frances Katherine Shaw Gilbert were long-time residents of Beaumont, Texas. Prior to their marriage in 1966, they had both been previously married. This collection consists of family photo albums, loose photographs, and a patent certificate with accompanying correspondence for an extended family member. Also included in the photographs are items related to friends, vacations, and events that occurred in the course of their lives.
Morris and Concetta Cloninger Papers
Rudolph Charles and Byrdie Miller Collection
R.C. Miller was an important businessman in Beaumont, Texas, and an active community member. He was a founding partner of the Kirk-Miller-Josey Feed Company, president of the Tyrrell Rice Milling Company, president of the Beaumont Realty Company, president of the Beaumont Hotel Company, which built the Hotel Beaumont, and vice president of the Fannin Street Realty Company.
Sabine Oaks Home Records
The Sabine Oaks Home began as The Beaumont Home for the Aged founded by the United Church Women of Beaumont and chartered in 1944. The home was managed by a Board of Directors. In 1965 the Sabine Oaks Auxiliary was organized to address the needs of residents and help finance special projects. The collection consists of eight scrapbooks.