Saint Mark's Episcopal Church Records
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains church records, Sunday service worship bulletins, newsletters, church membership correspondence, annual parish reports, membership directories, and miscellaneous information related to church activities
- Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 2009-2015 (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Some restrictions may apply.
The Tyrrell Historical Library does not hold copyright for most of its collections. The researcher must secure permission to publish. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the Tyrrell Historical Library. The researcher assumes full responsibility for complying with copyright, literary property rights, and libel laws.
Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Beaumont, Texas, was first organized as a mission with the name Mission of the Good Shepherd in 1877. The name was soon changed to Saint Mark’s in 1880. Saint Mark’s officially became a parish in 1898 and held services in a small wood framed structure on the corner of Orleans and Forsythe Streets. In 1913, the church moved to its present location on the corner of Pearl and Calder Streets.
1.50 Cubic Feet (1.50 cubic feet in three boxes)
This collection contains Sunday service worship bulletins from 2009 to 2017 for Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Beaumont, Texas. The collection also consists of the weekly published newsletter, annual parish meeting reports, church membership directories, and other miscellaneous materials related to church activities.
Organization of Collection
This collection is organized by type of printed material.
Donated by an anonymous member of the Church, 2015 March.
Further accruals are expected.
Processed by Tyrrell Historical Library staff, 2015 March.
Finding aid revised and encoded by Tyrrell Historical Library staff, 2015 April.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Beaumont (Jefferson county, Texas : inhabited place) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Calcote, A. Dean
- Christian holidays Subject Source: Searslocal
- Christian life Subject Source: Searslocal
- Church bulletins Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Church of England—Beaumont (Tex.) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Church records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Church schools--Beaumont (Tex.) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Directories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Doyle, Andrew
- Engle, Cynthia
- Episcopal Church—Beaumont (Tex.) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Fuller, Frank E.
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Religious calendars Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Religious life—Beaumont (Tex.) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Rites and ceremonies—Beaumont (Tex.) Subject Source: Searslocal
- Sacraments Subject Source: Searslocal
- Saint Mark's Episcopal Church (Beaumont, Tex.)
- Finding Aid for the Saint Mark's Episcopal Church Records, 2009-2017
- Tyrrell Historical Library Staff
- 2015 May 11
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Tyrrell Historical Library Archives Repository