Skip to main content

Saint Mark's Episcopal Church Records

 Collection
Identifier: AC-653

Scope and Content Note

This collection contains church records, Sunday service worship bulletins, newsletters, church membership correspondence, annual parish reports, membership directories, and miscellaneous information related to church activities

Dates

  • 2009-2017

Creator

Language of Materials

Materials are in English.

Access Restrictions

Some restrictions may apply.

Copyright

The Tyrrell Historical Library does not hold copyright for most of its collections. The researcher must secure permission to publish. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the Tyrrell Historical Library. The researcher assumes full responsibility for complying with copyright, literary property rights, and libel laws.

Historical Note

Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Beaumont, Texas, was first organized as a mission with the name Mission of the Good Shepherd in 1877. The name was soon changed to Saint Mark’s in 1880. Saint Mark’s officially became a parish in 1898 and held services in a small wood framed structure on the corner of Orleans and Forsythe Streets. In 1913, the church moved to its present location on the corner of Pearl and Calder Streets.

Extent

1.50 Cubic Feet (1.50 cubic feet in three boxes)

Abstract

This collection contains Sunday service worship bulletins from 2009 to 2017 for Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Beaumont, Texas. The collection also consists of the weekly published newsletter, annual parish meeting reports, church membership directories, and other miscellaneous materials related to church activities.

Organization of Collection

This collection is organized by type of printed material.

Acquisition Information

Donated by an anonymous member of the Church, 2015 March.

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Related material

None.

Separated Material

None.

Processing Information

Processed by Tyrrell Historical Library staff, 2015 March.

Finding aid revised and encoded by Tyrrell Historical Library staff, 2015 April.

Title
Finding Aid for the Saint Mark's Episcopal Church Records, 2009-2017
Author
Tyrrell Historical Library Staff
Date
2015 May 11
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Tyrrell Historical Library Archives Repository

Contact: