American National Bank (Beaumont, Tex.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract American National Bank of Beaumont was formed on May 4, 1901. It quickly grew as a financial institution and in 1972 was merged with the name changed in 1981 to Texas Commerce Bank. This was followed in 1987 with the bank becoming an owned subsidiary of Chemical Bank Corporation of New York and in 1996 the name of the bank was changed to Chase Bank of Texas. Then in 1999 the bank was purchased and the name changed to Hibernia National Bank. And finally, in March of 2006 the bank was again...
Dates: 1906 - 2013
Abstract Wilber C. Looney was a prominent businessman in Beaumont, Texas. When he retired he was a manager in southeast Texas for Westinghouse Electric Corp. He and his wife, Thyrza, a well-known local interior designer, resided at a now-historic home on North Eleventh and Toccoa Streets. Known then as the Vaughn House, the couple restored this Victorian cottage into a plantation-style mansion in 1948.